Make sure you plant your lavender in a sunny location that will receive at least 6 hours of sunlight per day. Plant in early spring as soon as the last frost is over.
- Lavender likes well drained soil. You can use raised beds or containers.
- Choose a soil with low fertility.
- Lavender prefers alkaline soil, therefore the pH level should be 6.5 or higher.
- Blend equal parts bone meal, lime, and well composted manure.
- Plant seeds about an inch deep into the soil. This goes for both ground planting and pot planting.
- Water deeply as soon as you plant.
- Space plants 5-6 feet from one another.
CARING FOR LAVENDER:
- During the hot summer months, make sure to water your lavender plant every single day.
- Prune the top of the plant to ensure a productive plant.
- If nights get too cold, bring your plant inside (if in a pot/container).
- Once lavender is well rooted, it is tolerant of heat waves and dry spells.