HOW TO GROW KOHLRABI FROM SEEDS
- Kohlrabi likes loose soil.
- For a spring crop, sow seeds 4-6 weeks before the average last frost date.
- Plant 1/4 inch deep about 10 seeds for foot.
- For a fall crop, start seedlings indoors 6-8 weeks before the last average frost. Once seedlings are about 4 inches tall, thin the plants, and transplant 5 inches apart and 1 foot apart in rows.
CARING FOR KOHLRABI PLANT:
- Keep kohlrabi well watered.
- Mulch heavily to retain moisture.
- Keep free of weeds.
- Harvest kohlrabi bulbs when they are no more than 2 inches in diameter, cutting the stem 1 inch below the bulb.
- You can use both the bulb and the leaves. Leaves make great additions to soups and salads, while the bulbs also make great soups and other dishes.