HOW TO GROW ARUGULA
Arugula prefers to grow in somewhat cooler weather, so if you live in a hot climate, plan to plant in the fall. If you live in a cool climate, you can plant in spring.
- In a pot, container, or directly into the ground, work organic compost into rich, well draining soil.
- Apply a time-release fertilizer to the soil according to the package instructions for leafy greens such as lettuce.
- Space each plant 12-18 inches apart.
- Water regularly, and make sure soil is moist at all times.
- Arugula will grow fast, so keep a close eye as it will go to seed within 5-6 weeks.
- You can harvest arugula while the leaves are about 3 inches long for a milder flavor.
- For a more intense flavor, wait until the leaves are longer.
- Arugula should be ready to harvest within 4-5 weeks of planting.
- Harvest only the outer leaves so the plant remains intact.
Arugula is a fairly easy green to grow and as long as you provide it with some sun, good drained soil, and water it will grow big and healthy! Now that you know how to grow arugula, let's get planting!